Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Maybe...

Each week we (the NB Family Pastors) set out on a journey to write another post that will connect in some way with all the different personalities and lifestyles we see at New Beginnings.  If you haven't noticed there's some pretty great writing styles and since they're all different I'm betting you could find one or more to really connect with:

  • Matt Mondays (Very insightful with everyday life and a constant pull to the Gospel)
  • Tuesdays with Sankie (Thorough from start to finish, thinking through the big picture)
  • Jweff Wednesdays (Finding messages from culture and redeeming them for the Kingdom)
  • Terry Thursdays (Honest stories of times of blowing it but always great victories)
  • Phil Fridays (Reflecting on parenting days past and always great in vision for the future)
  • Weekend Guest Posts (All over the map but typically a personal story from a local family)

Because I know that every week I will be writing something, I take notes throughout the week of things I would like to write out in a blog post.  Today, as I was looking over my notes I had many different "entries" that I wanted to make into posts, however, I read a blog this week that message me up!!  Please take a few minutes to read this post before reading my thoughts: The Day I Stopped Saying 'Hurry Up'!!

Holy cow... Rachel Stafford just blows my heart up!!  I want to say it is in a good way and I think maybe tomorrow I'll be better but because of the way I'm wired I feel defeat and failure right now.  When I read a post like that I feel so much heartache for doing such a bad job just 'being'.  I heard a speaker once say we were created to a 'Human Being' but we often become 'Human Doings'.  This week as I reflect over the past several weeks, I (and the Berg's) have done a bunch of "stuff" but I have done a horrible job at just enjoying those moments!!  Example, the following two stories happened at some point and I wrote them down but haven't thought twice about them until I saw them in my notes...

Moment One:
Me: "No more growing girl"
Charleigh: "I have to keep growing"
Me: "Why?"
Charleigh: "I want to be a mommy"
Courtney: "Why?"
Charleigh: "I want to be a mommy just like you"

Moment Two:
Me: "Jackson, did you know that there is no one in the entire world I would have rather gone with me this morning to speak with the football team than you"
Jackson: "Really dad!?" ((with massive grin))

Two incredible moments and I forgot... Probably because I haven't made enough time lately to just 'be'!!  Because I have to pull the phone out and take notes or a picture, maybe because I was in route to the next event, maybe because I didn't sit and reflect on it or give God thanks for it, maybe.........

May God give me mercy for the times I blow it and more times of grace that I can bask in them... May God help me to 'Be' first before I try and 'Do'... May the Spirit lead me into moments of reflection and focus on 'How good things are'... May Jesus continue to save my heart each morning... May we lead our families in a way that changes our culture forever!!

The Berg's

*Follow Jeff (Family Pastor of High School), also known as "surgeberg" on: FacebookTwitter & Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment