Friday, November 29, 2013

Black Friday After Thanksgiving Thursday

They're all home this Thanksgiving Day!
I write my part of NBFamilies blog on Fridays. This Friday just happens to be Black Friday. Say it out loud, slowly, in a low voice, “Black Friday.” In Black Fridays past, Thanksgiving Thursdays were interrupted with an insidious strategic war plan to out smart the weaker greedy consumers.

Some of us are facing a type of affection schizophrenia due to our love for Thanksgiving Day being splintered in between our love for family, our genuine thankfulness for God’s blessings, our love of a good sale, and purchasing gifts for our loved ones.

Instead of me ranting about how sinister is the insatiable consumer appetite, and admit it, you and me are unsettled about some major retailers starting Black Friday as early as Thanksgiving Thursday. AND it isn’t hard to envision all the best deals being snatched up by the ungrateful early buyers? I thought I would spend more time with my family and encourage you to read another blog about a families attempt to stem the rising tide of ungrateful kids.

Raising Grateful Kids in An Entitled World

I loved it and I hope you will too. I’m thankful that you are reading this instead of outwitting other decadent capitalist greed mongers. ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment