|Please don't quit!|
Due to a variety of cultural pressures, parents and teens experience a distancing. Adolescents can be exhausting for parents. But parents can’t quit parenting. Parents mustn’t stop leading.Now more than ever, our teenaged young people need their parents to stay the course and remain the primary faith influencers and disciple makers in their lives. Thank you Jeff Strong for articulating the top ten mistakes Christian parents of teens make:
- Expecting your teen to have a devotion to God that you are not cultivating within yourself.
- Not expressing genuine love and like to your teen.
- Outsourcing your teen’s spiritual formation.
- Not prioritizing youth group/church involvement.
- Holding low expectations for your teen.
- Trying to be your teen’s best friend.
- Permissive parenting.
- Spoiling your teen.
- Letting your teen’s activities take top priority for your family.
- Not spending time with your teen.