Thursday, July 3, 2014

What I learned at Youth Camp 2014

I attended our High School Youth Camp last week as a small group leader for upcoming Junior boys. It was a great week! We were blessed with fantastic weather, great cooking from our cooking team, fun leaders, great teaching from Pastor Phil and Carol, and a really great group of high school students that were a blast to hangout with all week.


Here are some of my, top ten, quick hit, "key learning" bullet points from last week:


1. My body doesn't move like it used to. when I was younger, ALOT younger.
2. I don't look that good with a blue bandana wrap around or over my head or under my chin.
3. I still have no idea why God created mice, mosquitos, chiggers and spiders.
4. Sleeping in a sleeping bag used to be a lot more fun when I was younger. ALOT younger.
5. New Beginnings Baptist Church has an amazing group of adult, selfless, servant leaders, who not only served, taught and led our high school students this past week, but some have been working with these students for four plus years or more.
6. High School students, at least these students, seek to belong. They want to be accepted. They want to be part of a community.
7. High School students, at least these students, really want to worship God.
8. High School students, at least these students, want to learn more about God, about their sin nature and about needing a Savior and about grace and forgiveness.
9. High School students, at least these students, want to know you genuinely care about them. They want to know they are loved.
10. Adults who genuinely care enough, CAN make a difference in the lives of High School students.


I am SO blessed to get to belong to a church body who has not forgotten the impact that can be made on the High School students of today and tomorrow.







No comments:

Post a Comment