Saturday, February 2, 2013

Guest Blogger Saturday - The Bowmans!

Meet the Bowman Family


Saturdays are NBFamilies guest blog day.

If you have a story that will inform, inspire, instruct, or is just plain entertaining about NBFamilies please notify one of the NBFamilies pastoral staff to inquire about making a submission. New Beginnings Church NBFamilies Staff:
Phil Sallee
Terry Langenberg
Jeff Berg
Matt Fowler
Travis Young

We will help you post it.

The following is a FaceBook message to Pastor Phil from Craig Bowman. Like all families at New Beginnings Church, the Bowmans are new to the NBFamily Ministry focus. He messaged me to inform me of the Bowman family’s first Faith Talk.


[Greg] We had our first family night Saturday. It was a huge success. Both girls have fully planned out their Saturday night. Looks like Brooklyn will have us painting pottery next Saturday!

The only problem is unlike you I only have girls. [I imagine there will be] lots of girly things coming in my future. Hopefully my attempt to make my daughters “Tom boys” worked a little. Unfortunately I see a pedicure in my future J.

The Wednesday night [NBMen Ministry] class “Resolution” really opened my eyes to being a father/parent. When people are asked who was the spiritual leader in their family the large majority of people all say their moms. With most also saying dad never really came only on occasion. My goal is when my daughters are asked who the spiritual leader is they reply, “Dad!”


Ephesians 6:1-3 Children, obey your parents as you would the Lord, because this is right. 2 Honor your father and mother, which is the first commandment with a promise, 3 so that it may go well with you and that you may have a long life in the land. 4 Fathers, don’t stir up anger in your children, but bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment