Wednesday, April 10, 2013

100% Jesus


Today I was reminded of a blogpost I wrote several years ago regarding several word pictures God gave me while on a bike ride.  As I re-read my post, I couldn't help but hear God talk to me yet again through that same experience... Please check it out: 

God ALWAYS shows up when I'm on my bike... It's awesome!!
Today was no different...

As I attempted to ride to work on my bike this morning, He had me chewing on Matthew 7:13-23 and continuing to reveal more depths of the wide and narrow paths!!

Many things came to mind... Here's just a few:
- Cars passing me on the main roads as I struggled on a 'road less traveled'...
(You see, wide is the road that leads to destruction and most are on it, but narrow is the road that leads to life and not a lot of folks will find it... OR USE IT!!)

- The sidewalk was often grass or cracked, like no one cared to take care of it because it wasn't used much...
(The world isn't going to spend money or time on things that seem less productive or not beneficial to their progress... It's our job, God's people, to show them this way is worth it and their way clearly just isn't working anymore!!)

- Big trucks blowing by honking and getting really close to the curb, almost like they were angry I was in eyeshot...
(Many folks are going to get angry at you if you are honoring God... Sometimes because they were hurt by the church once before or maybe just because living in sin is easy and natural until someone comes along and shows you its possible without it!!)

- The many hills and wind that almost seem to punish me or get me to quit...
(Everything in this world is going to try and keep you from staying on the narrow path, to get you to quit, to defeat you... BUT Jesus says its going to be hard but oh so worth it!! We must fight the good fight, find christian brothers and sisters to encourage us, and stay focused on the prize!!!)

God is sooooo Good... I hope today you give Him a few minutes of your time to let Him speak to your heart!! God is always: Listening, There and Ready (Matthew 7:7-12)!!!

I guess what hit me the hardest was confirmation to what I felt after listening to the first week of our new series at New Beginnings: 100% Jesus.  I know God loves me, I believe God exists, I have faith that His Son died and rose again for my sin BUT these past few weeks I knew I wasn't firing on all cylinders.  Today is a new day, I'm committing to jump all in once again, starting with my early morning prayers to our evening conversations may Jesus give me the courage to go the distance.  

Will you join me in walking the narrow path, listening to His Word and giving 100% of ourselves for His glory... Is there a better way to impact and disciple our children than to first be a committed follower for them to observe!!  May we encourage, sharpen, and support each other as we fight the good fight and never slowdown!!

What is holding you back from being "100% Jesus" in your life!? 
What does "100% Jesus" look like to you!?


"Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength."
Deuteronomy 6:5

3 comments:

  1. One thing that holds me back from being "100% Jesus" is my lack of faith that He is willing to show up and supernaturally intervene in my life. I know He cares and I know He is able; but, I don't always have the faith that He will.
    To me - "100% Jesus" means I will trust Him with every situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my fear holds me back. I know what it's like to be loved, to be cared for, and even for someone to be there for me, but yet never measure up to their standard of "perfection" and "100% Jesus" can't even be accomplished this side of heaven. I fear at times it's not worth trying to live like him knowing ahead of time I'm going to fail. But thankfully He gives me healthy doses of grace and humility enough to get me to try and also keep my feet (or rather knees) on the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you two for your honesty and transparency (even if you're Anonymous :))!!

    ReplyDelete