Thursday, April 16, 2015

Rest


I am just coming out of a two month season of "busyness" that has left me drained. I would say more mentally and spiritually, than physically. However, the mental and spiritual fatigue, eventually has affected me physically and I'm tired. 

This time of year is always the same for me. The church budget season happens every year. It's something I have learned how to prepare for, but this year was a little different, for various reasons. Some external and some internal.

I keep thinking a day off or two here or there will help me to get rejuvenated, but this year, those short breaks have not been enough. I've got a plan for taking some extended time off later in May and the end of June, but what do I do until then to get refreshed?

I've decided to stop and pray more. I've decided to be intentional about sitting quietly, even if it's only for a short time. I've decided to trust my Lord and Savior when He said this:     
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." Matthew 11:28-29

Seems simple enough, doesn't it? You would think I should have known better. Guess what? Even Pastors can get too busy doing the Lord's work, and need to be reminded where true "rest" from your burdens come from.

Thank you Lord Jesus for being ALL I need to find rest for my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment