Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Really... A gum commercial!?

So there I was minding my own business when this commercial came on (It takes one minute):

In case the video doesn't start above: Click Here

I KNOW RIGHT!!!  How did that gum commercial make me cry!?  If it didn't, you have no soul (or maybe you just don't have a daughter yet)!!  For me, this video hits the very core of what I want as a parent: to see our kids grow healthy and strong.  We want to be there and we want them to remember those times as much as we will.  

I don't have much this week but a couple questions I'd love for you to answer to yourself:
  • How much time have you spent with your son or daughter this week?
  • Have you been able to carve out some one-on-one time this month?
  • Did you get a chance to just sit with them at the bookend times (breakfast or bedtime)?

May God give us some extra insight for the day... May we take every opportunity that falls in our lap to love on our kids this week... May we slow down enough to hold them and give them a longer hug... May we spend some extra time praying for our kids... May we prepare to have a solid Faith Talk with our family... May we seek Him more and be confident in the time we have spent!!


No comments:

Post a Comment