Thursday, July 11, 2013

Determining Your Role

This excerpt in italics is taken from C.J Mahaney's work on "Biblical Productivity".

How can I be certain of my own calling?
How can I know I am in the right job?
Am I in the proper career path?
What about where God wants me in the future?
How do I determine God's intended vocation(s) for my life?

"In his book The Spirituality of the Cross (Concordia, 1999), Gene Veith provides two insightful questions:

First, where has God placed me?
Second, where am I positioned to serve others?

If this seems illusive to you, it may help to see a list of roles (or vocations). This is hardly a comprehensive list, but in this list perhaps you will better identify specific roles where God has placed you.
  • Christian
  • Single man
  • Single woman
  • Husband
  •  Wife
  • Father
  • Mother
  • Child
  • Grandfather
  • Grandmother
  • Church member
  • Pastor
  • Ministry leader
  • Employee
  • Business Owner
  • Student
  • Educator
These are roles assigned to you by the grace of God.

 At New Beginnings, we are stressing the role of parents being the lead disciplers of their children. We understand you wear many hats, as the list above can attest. By the grace of God, for such a time as this, you have been given specific roles (or vocations) in your life, right now, to be positioned to serve Him, by serving others. And by doing this, He gets the glory.

Mark 10:45    45 For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life—a ransom for many.”


Terry Langenberg
Twitter: TheLangenberg
Facebook: TheLangenberg

No comments:

Post a Comment