Friday, November 6, 2015

Fathers, you have a big job

Mr. and Mrs. Kyle Partin!

Fathers, you have a big job. I’m not talking about the responsibilities of your career.

Sure, your career is important, but this is much bigger.

You are modeling being a husband, and a father to your kids. How you accomplish your job as husband and father will cause your daughters and sons to raise (or lower) the bar for their own mate selection.

Yep, this is big!

Husband, you need to love and honor your wife in such a way (Ephesians 5:25-28) that your daughters will want pick a husband just like you. Father, you need to love and honor your daughter, in a way that she will one day look for a husband who will cherish and respect her just like you. Yep, this is big!

I want to direct you to the best blog I have read in a long time. It was published yesterday. It made my eyes swell with joyful tears and my heart inflate with thankfulness. I'm not the reason my daughter married so well. The example that Jesus provided of how to love and His power for husband and fathers to reflect Him is to blame. Kyle's parent modeled and reflected Jesus' love too.

The title of the blog is, “Why I Wasn’t Ready to Get Married but Proposed Anyway.” It was written by my son-in-law, Kyle Partin. The blog speaks for itself.

Thank you Kyle! I am honored and thankful to be your father-in-law.

Dr. Phil Sallee, Pastor
twitter.com/philsallee
facebook.com/phil.sallee
philsallee.info
nbchurch.info
nbfamilies.info

No comments:

Post a Comment