Friday, October 9, 2015

Thursday, October 15, 2015 • National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day



When you children grow up into adults you delight in there accomplishments and cringe at their mistakes. However, when you see them in pain and hurting. There is a deeper ache for which you are not prepared. The darkest hour of my daughter Jill’s life was so difficult that we were asked not to share about it with anyone. We respected those wishes.

As there is deep anguish in moments of confusing grief, there is also profound satisfaction in moments of God’s healing. Imagined my thankful heart as I read my daughter Jill’s announcement online today:

On June 6, 2014, I lost my first pregnancy. It was the most sorrowful and isolating experience of my life. God redeemed this day on June 6, 2015 when my sweet girl was born. She is the greatest joy I have ever known! Still there are moments that I am overwhelmed by the painful reminder of the child I did not get to know.

Join me and others on Thursday, October 15 (National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day), at 6:45pm in the Harbor 301, as Journey of Faith will be hosting a night to remember, support, and grieve together for anyone affected by miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy, still birth, or the loss of infant.

  • I love that we serve a God who understands those who have lost a Child.
  • I love that God redeemed Jill's most difficult day.
  • I love that God is leading Jill, and Jill is leading others through the darkest night of bewildering grief.
May God heal the hearts of these precious mothers, fathers, grandmothers, and grandfathers.

Dr. Phil Sallee, Pastor
twitter.com/philsallee
facebook.com/phil.sallee
philsallee.info
nbchurch.info
nbfamilies.info

No comments:

Post a Comment