Friday, August 21, 2015

Precious Treasures!

Back Row: Phil, Josh, & Carol Sallee
FronRow: Jill & Corinne Lewolt, Julie & C. C. Partin

I am having mixed emotions today. I am basking in the delight of the time I had with my family last week. Last week was Carol’s birthday so our daughters flew in from California with my two granddaughters. Josh came in town from Oklahoma City for a few days too. It was the first time in a long time that all my adult children were together in my house.
This afternoon I will be preaching at the funeral of a young man who passed unexpectedly at the age of 26. I will be speaking to a crowd of people who are experiencing so many questions, so much grief, and too few answers. Funerals for young people are large and difficult.
I will give them the only gift that I have to offer anyone at any age.

1 John 5:11-13 And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12 The one who has the Son has life. The one who doesn’t have the Son of God does not have life. 13 I have written these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life.
The Good News of Jesus offers bring comfort in grief and hope in death. That is the message I pray to convey this afternoon.
But I also want to convey another very important message. This message is less about eternal life and more about life today. It is about life with your family. Treasure each moment you have with the people you love. Each moment is precious. Treat each moment as priceless and valuable.
Dr. Phil Sallee, Pastor
twitter.com/philsallee
facebook.com/phil.sallee
philsallee.info
nbchurch.info
nbfamilies.info

No comments:

Post a Comment